What is Professional Indemnity?
Professional indemnity is designed to offer protection against claims for injury or loss resulting from the advice given by an individual or Company, or failure to adequately carry out their professional duties. For example an actual or alleged loss resulting from inaccuracies with calculations, inadequate professional advice or failure to successfully delivery on a project.
A standard policy covers liability for injury, damage or financial loss arising from a breach of professional duty carried out in good faith, or negligent acts, errors or omissions. Policies typically provide cover for the insured, any employees/partners, any agent and any predecessors.
In certain situations or professions, it would be common to include extensions to cover the following;
- Collateral Warranties
- Cover for any other person or firm acting jointly with the insured
- Continuation of cover beyond the date of cancellation in the event of the firm being wound up, to allow a period for claims to be made following negligent acts committed prior to the closure of the firm
- Liability for breach of warranty of authority, in case an insured takes an action in good faith on behalf of a client which they are, in fact, not authorised to do
- Fidelity guarantee (Employee Dishonesty)
- Loss of Documents
- Defence of Criminal Proceedings (such as claims arising under Building Regulation or Health & Safety Legislation)
Our areas of expertise include:
Architects & Engineers, Design & Construct (Construction including; Building, Civil Engineering, Electrical, Cladding & Roofing, Scaffolding etc), Media & Technology, Legal Professions, Accountants, Green Technology & Renewables, Environmental Consultants, Training (Health & Safety, Fire & Security, Coaching & Education etc), Surveying, Recruitment, I.F.A’s, Insolvency Practitioners, Management Consultants, Medical (Medical Malpractice), Marine & Offshore, plus other Miscellaneous Professions.
Would you like a free no obligation quote?
Call us today: 029 2062 6226 or Arrange a Callback